POSITION: Recreation Team Leader
Part-Time – $9.62/hr
Fridays: 5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
PROGRAM: Recreation / Respite
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Recreation Team Leader is responsible for the implementation, and the oversight of the Recreation Program. The specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Ensuring quality recreational services for all families/individuals registered for the Recreation program.
2. The implementation of Recreation activities that are on the schedule.
3. Supervisory and direct care responsibilities with consumers
4. Direct supervision of the rec. assistants
5. Responsible for addressing and reporting all incidents, accidents, observed and suspected situations which adversely impact on the health and safety of individuals receiving services.
6. Responsible for complying with all Part 635, Part 671, Part 624, and part 633 regulations in total, and reporting violations, deficiencies, and/or incidents to direct supervisor as they are discovered or indicated.
7. Completing all mandatory training in accordance with OPWDD regulations and policy including, but not limited to CPR, First Aid, SCIP, Abuse Rights and Reporting etc.
8. Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record, acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
- Pass and maintain OPWDD Certification in CPR, First Aid, Strategies for Crisis Intervention Level I and II.
- Be able to lift 40 pounds with no restrictions.
- Position’s regular hours will be scheduled: Fridays; 5:00 pm – 9:30 pm, Saturdays; 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Responsible for following agency safety and health policies, procedures and rules.
High School Diploma or GED with some knowledge of or experience working with the mentally retarded/developmentally disabled preferred.
A combination of education and experience that meets or exceeds the requirements of the position and the needs of the agency.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: ACHIEVE does not place recruitment advertising on Craig’s List. Any position postings viewed on this site are from another source. Please be aware that any application sent through a link associated with a Craig’s List position posting may not be received or viewed by ACHIEVE
Best Bagels Fundraiser to Benefit ACHIEVE: Best Bagels in Town on Hooper Road in Endwell is read more
Holiday Wish List: Each year our Residential Services program puts together a “Wish read more
Sheltered Workshop Closures: As many of you may be aware, OPWDD has submitted read more